The Fam

The Fam

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Sweetest

Sweetest

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Multitasking

This has been a very busy and crazy week for us. Work has been so busy. I am running around all day like a chicken with my head cut off. John had finals this week and then has been at a class to review for boards. And on top of everything I developed a kidney infection this week. Which makes me extra tired, in pain, and somewhat sick feeling. I had to work though because it was just so busy to call in so I just pushed through the pain. Well saturday was especially busy and long. I finished up work and just felt completely drained. I took the babysitter home and then kaysen and I waited for john to get done with his class. I feel asleep on the couch for a few moments and woke up in a pile of my own drool when john got home. I felt a little better after my 5 minute power/drool nap so we decided to go out to the mall because we hadn't done anything fun this week.

Kaysen didn't get his usual nap because he was too busy playing with the babysitter so he fell asleep in the car. John carried him as we walked around to a few stores. We decided to go into famous footwear and thats when our troubles started. As many of you know I tend to pass out on occasion. Especially on amusement park ridges that have strong g force or go upside down. It has been a long week and I think my body was just done from the infection and all the work. I think it finally decided to just shut down. We were in the store and I felt weird. I decided to sit down and thats when I stopped talking or responding. So as john held a sleeping kaysen he grabbed my head to support me as I slipped out of consciousness. So it must have been a sight to see. John holding a sleeping 4 year old while supporting his passed out wife from falling to the ground. After awhile I guess I woke up. For some reason my eyes were running with tears I don't know why. We then tried to make our way back to the car stopping every few feet or so to sit down because I was feeling a little light headed. We made it back home and headed up to bed. Of course I couldn't fall asleep. I just felt awful. I was completely exhausted but couldn't fall asleep. In my crazy light headed, exhausted, sick confusion I decided that this might in fact be my last night on earth. I started to say my goodbyes to john and found he was asleep already! This then made me so mad. Here I am about to die and my husband doesn't even care enough to stay awake to say goodbye to me. I then woke him up and told him if I didn't make it through the night I loved him. I also said I wanted him to stay awake with me until I was gone. That lasted all of 3 seconds until he started to snore. I decided it was his loss. He would regret not saying goodbye to me and I guess he would just have to live with that. Well after an hour I was able to drift away as the words "Goodbye world" Slipped from my mouth.

Well you can imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning. It in fact was not my last night on earth! I was just extremely tired and in hind sight maybe a little crazy. So I am happy to still be here and I also learned a valuable lesson. Despite what I believed up until this point john can multitask. He held me up while carrying kaysen and that is a big step in the right direction. And I am happy to report I am feeling somewhat better today. Especially mentally.

4 comments:

Hansen Family said...

I am so happy that it wasn't your last day on earth!! I hope you get feeling better soon!! Have a Merry Christmas!! And good for John for multitasking!!

Katie said...

I can totally see John just falling asleep! We cracked up today when we read this during KMK today! Hope you are feeling better!!

nyn said...

Seriously, I don't know if I should be laughing, but I laughed right out loud and then had to read your sad story to Shae. I am so happy it was not your last night on earth, but I can so relate to that feeling. I am glad you are feeling a bit better. If there is anything I can do please let me know. xoxo

Aimee said...

I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't go to the mall anymore. It seems that bad things keep happening there. Glad you are all still alive.