The Fam

The Fam

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Sweetest

Sweetest

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hair School

*Me with an updo my friend sami practiced on me. It was really cute.

My no hair project. Read below for an explanation.
Yes that is a bird and it is supposed to look like a nest.

So I've just finished up my 4th week of cosmetology school and all and all I love it! We've done lots of different things. So far I've done manicures, pedicures, facials, makeup application, virgin relaxers, retouch relaxers, virgin tint/lightner, retouch tint lightner, highlights, perms, roller sets, 0 degree haircut, 45 degree haircut, and of course styling, updo's, blowdrying, shampooing. We've learned a lot all the stuff with product we've just used cholesteral to mock our manikins with but we've learned how to put it on correctly. Oh we've also done lash and brow tints, fake lash application, and waxing.
You have to have 1500 hours to graduate and after 4 weeks i have 139.5 hours. At 350 hours i get to work on clients. Right now we've just been doing each other and manikins.
It is safe to say I love love love cosmetology school. When I'm working on something I just am having so much fun. I know this is the right career for me because I have been so happy the past month. John can testify! We've had two tests on our text book and I've got 98% and 100%. i've only missed one question so far.
I just finished up a no hair project. We get a bald manikin to take home and we have to design it using anything but hair. There are some pretty cool ones at school like marge simpson, edward scissor hands, a geshia, and a pharaoh. So mine is themed autumn. I decided to make it some what of a birds nest. It has a bird on top and I put twigs into a spray painted styrofoam tube. I also glued glitter leaves all over it. The photos don't do justice but let me know what you think. Have I mentioned I love hair school?

5 comments:

nyn said...

I love your Autumn themed hair style. It looks so so cool. I want to see it in person. It is wonderful that you are happy. I am a true believer in doing what you love. Way to Go Lara!!

tracyp said...

I too can echo Carolyn's comments, I'm so glad that you are loving what you are doing and that pretty soon I can walk over to get my hair done! (of course I'd pay you!) The no hair project is totally cool... you could put it out every year as part of your fall decor!

Dave and Marie said...

Yea!! I'm so excited for you. I know it sounds weird but that looks like ubber amounts of fun!! I'm so happy for you. You've done so well, but you really can do well at anything. I can't wait for you to do my hair. I'm growing it out so maybe in like five years it will be fun to play with ;)

Melani said...

chicken

Chris and Katie said...

Oh good! Can I book you for Oh around April for Prom!! You did such a great job!!