The Fam

The Fam

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Sweetest

Sweetest

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Getting Better

I am happy to report that kaysen is doing much better. He slept good last night and woke up at 5 am saying "Momma I'm so hungary!" So I got him a bisquit and he watched cartoons all morning. I'll take a 5am wake up any day over how he was yesterday. We've just been taking it easy today and doing things that require little effort like going to the library and napping.

Kaysen has been super hungary today too. Which is great. He ate his bisquit early and then breakfast. Then at 10:30 he ate a "snack" of fried chicken and goldfish. Then he ate lunch at 12:30 of soup! He is deffinatley making up for lost meals yesterday. He keeps bugging me to get him treats like doughnuts, candy, crabby patty gummys, and anything else sweet. I think maybe tonight we'll get him something since he's been feeling so good all day and since he's ate good too.

Right now were dealing with trying to go his first #2 after being dehydrated. Let me just say that is not fun. We've already tried 2 different times for about 40 minutes each time. I think we'll get some prune juice or something tonight. I never really thought about constipation as a side effect of dehydration but it makes sense.

So were going to see the pediatric neurologist next wed. I was pretty upset that they couldn't get us in earlier after all we went through last night. I just hope he doesn't have any more bad episodes before then especially since this weekend is halloween and he'll be super excited (which can sometimes cause episodes). John is going to try to leave school early so he can come with us. I just can't handle stuff like that by myself.

Today was a hard day for me. I think that yesterday I had to be strong and so didn't really let any emotions in. Today I broke down. Not because I'm worried really but because I guess I didn't get a chance to let my emotions out yesterday. So I had a good cry and held kaysen close.
Thanks everyone for you kind words. I will for sure keep you posted as things progress.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh Im So glad that he is doing better! Its good you let your emotions out today... I would have been a nut job!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better, hope things continue to improve!!

Meleece said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better, hope things continue to improve!!

Gardners said...

YAY!! Glad for the good news.

Jeff and Brittney said...

I'm relieved to hear Kaysen is doing better and acting more like his cute active self. Scares like this aren't easy to face. We are thinking of you!

Britt

tracyp said...

Crying is so great! I'm glad that is appetite came back with a vengance and that he's feeling so much better we'll keep ya'll in our prayers and hope for a very uneventful Halloween!

Aimee said...

I'm glad he is doing better and hope things are ok. Mom's love their kids too much to have to go through all that.