The Fam

The Fam

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Sweetest

Sweetest

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Restless Butt Syndrome?

For all of you wondering out there no this is not a story about diherria so lets now move on. So I don't know if you have ever seen the commericals for RLS or restless leg syndrome but I get it all the time. It is when you try to relax and your legs just hurt and feel like they need to move. The pain is the worst when you relax though.
Latley though instead of getting RLS I've been getting what I like to call restless butt syndrome or RBS. It is exactly like RLS but instead of my legs aching when I sit still it's my butt and upper side thighs/ hips. I've gotten it like 3 times this week. It kills. I can't even lay on my butt or sides and I just want to move them. It is the worst when I am trying to go to sleep.
So when I get RLS I usually take tylenol, ibuporphen, or if it is night tylenol pm and then I rub icy hot on my legs. Well let me tell you it is pretty dang hard to rub icy hot on your own butt! So I enlisted the help of my husband. Apparently John has never rubbed icy hot on a butt before and he didn't know what he was doing. It was way too thin and he didn't massage it into the muscle. Well i tried to explain this to him and I guess because I was in so much pain I kind of was more of complaining it instead of explaining it. So he got mad and left me on my own.
I really appreciated what he tried to do for me but I also feel like if your going to do something for some one don't do it half assed or I guess in this case half the ass. Sorry for the swear but I felt it was appropriate.
Well luckily I haven't gotten any RBS the last two nights so our marriage is doing good.

3 comments:

nyn said...

LOL! I am sorry to laugh but seriously this was too funny. I am also sorry that you have been having such pain. I would offer to help you with your butt problem but that might be a little wierd. May I suggest a profesional massage? And no I dont mean "that" kind of proffesional massage. Good luck.

Dave and Marie said...

I'm so glad you posted that. It was so funny. Half Ass is right!

Clark Family said...

It probably just has something to do with how gassy you are, enough to make your butt numb, maybe?!:)