The Fam

The Fam

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Petersons Are Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Sweetest

Sweetest

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

To Recieve the Holy Ghost or Not to Recieve the Holy Ghost?

So On Sunday in Nursery Kaysen learned about the Holy Ghost. They taught him that the Holy Ghost is a comforter to him just like blankets comfort him and make him feel good. Then they gave him a small green fleece blanket to take home as a reminder of what the holy ghost does. I was so impressed by his teachers and so thankful for them. I know it made him just feel great and excited to one day get the holy ghost. Unfortantley not all kids I know might feel that same way.
My sister lives in Buffalo New York and on Sunday her son learned about the Holy Ghost too. He is 3. He woke up that night and was crying saying that he had a night mare. She said that he mentioned the Holy Ghost and then said he learned about the Holy Ghost in Church that day. When she asked who the Holy Ghost was this is what he said: "the holy ghost comes to your house at night and rings the door bell. Ding dong. Then he rings it again DING DONG!! Then he drags you away!!!!"
I kid you not he said that! How funny! Apparently they aren't teaching the same things in all the classes across the church. I'm just glad my son came home with a blanket instead of a nightmare.

4 comments:

nyn said...

LOL!! Adelle tells me weekly that she doesn't want to be baptized. She says that being dunked under the water isn't fun. She even yelled it at the last baptism we went to. It is funny how kids percieve things. I really love the blanket idea for the Holy Ghost, I might have to borrow it for my family.

tracyp said...

Isabel came home and left her Holy Ghost at church..then I brought it home on Tuesday night and she looked at it and said "NO!". Well at least Kaysen got it...

Al and Jenny said...

I have a cousin that didn't want to ever go to the temple because he was afraid of getting sealed. It is so funny to hear kids takes on things.

Dave and Marie said...

Oh my gosh! WEll, Lara we know who goes to the correct church now don't we? That is a cute way to teach it for Kaysen though.